LinkGate EncRadio allows to:
- to transmit start and finish impulses and also 14 individually identified intermediate impulses
- to acquire up to 16 passing speeds via radio from the same number of acquisition zones
- to manage consecutive events with a single transmitter, for example the double start or finish of parallel slalom
- to guarantee maximum reliability and accuracy (higher than +- 0.4 thousandths of a second) even when transmission disturbance is particularly severe, thanks to its exclusive high redundancy transmission code with error correction
- to retransmit an unreceived signal repeatedly even after a long time lapse, simply by pressing the repeat key.
- to automatically store all the start, intermediate and finish times, which can later be transferred and assigned to the Racetime2 and REI2 stopwatches.
- to command MicroTab and MicroGraph displayboards without using cables.
- to set (with the two large buttons on EncRadio) the competitor number to which the event taken should be assigned and to transmit it automatically via radio to the stopwatch
- to reach a transmission distance of about 2 km in good conditions
- to select 32 different radio frequencies on which to operate
- to select 128 different transmission channels
Weight 110 g
Dimensions 110 x 50 x 27 mm
Transmission mode FSK digital transmission; redundancy code with information accuracy check and autocorrection
Impulse transmission accuracy ± 0.4 ms
Speed measurement resolution 1.22*10-4 s (1/8192s)
Time base 4.194304 MHz quartz ±5 ppm between -20°C and +70°C
Precision ±0.425 s/day for outdoor temperatures between -20° and +70°C
Operating temperature -20° / +70°C
Power supply Rechargeable lithium batteries • Internal recharge management • Functions also with external power supply
Battery life Over 2000 events • Indication on display and also with sound signal of charge level
Processor C-MOS 8 bit microprocessor
Keyboard and controls Signal, Repeat keys 2 arrow keys for setting bib numbers, second function key, on/off key • Software selection of type of signal transmitted (Start, Lap 1..14, Stop) • Software selection of long/short signal • Software selection of transmission channel
Memory 256 times and 256 speeds
Radio transmission For transmission of module data EncRadio uses UHF FM short band on the free 433 MHz frequency. 32 channels are available (from 433.875 MHz to 434.650 MHz), selectable with a 5 bit dip switch on the back of the device. Output power: 10mW.
Connections Input signal on Ø 4mm socket for normally open contact • Auxiliary input on Ø 4mm socket for taking speed or second impulse (contact normally open) • ‘Modem’ input on Ø 4mm socket (accepts RS232 levels or TTL) • Delayed wireless transfer of stored data
Data Sheet for all EncRadio
In the LinkGate EncRadio family you can find the ideal solution for your timing requirements.
The LinkGate EncRadios for wireless transmission of timing impulses are available in a compact external container or embedded in the Polifemo.
All the external EncRadio LinkGate transmitters make it possible to set the number of the competitor to whom the acquired event must be assigned. Two large buttons which can also be used even with ski gloves on allow rapid setting of the competitor number on the display. The system thus transmits to the receiving stopwatch not only the event taken but also the bib number to assign it to.
The LinkGate system makes it possible to move freely along the race course. So wherever they are, the timekeeper or trainer can receive all the times and speeds via radio.
The table summarises the main differences between the transmission modules (EncRadio) of the LinkGate system.